Death sentence for Leon Davis Jr. | News
Bartow, Florida -- A judge sentenced Leon Davis Jr., the 33-year-old man who set two women on fire after dousing them in gasoline, to death on Friday.
Circuit Judge Michael Hunter delivered the death sentence to Davis at the recommendation of the jury, who convicted him on three counts of murder in February.
Davis earned death twice for the murders of 26-year-old Yvonne Bustamante and 23-year-old Juanita Luciano, and an additional life sentence for the death Luciano's prematurely delivered son.
The women were robbed and burned to death at a Lake Wales insurance office in December 2007.
- Women set on fire, suspect to appear in court
- Witness "100 percent" sure Leon Davis shot him
- Lake Wales burn victim: "Please pray for me"
- Mistrial declared in Leon Davis Jr. murder trial
- Third trial for Leon Davis begins
- Leon Davis takes the witness stand
- Leon Davis Jr. guilty on all counts
- Jury recommends death for Leon Davis, Jr.