Shooting range new hours | News
Lakeland, FL - Beginning Saturday, Dec. 15, the Fred C. Babcock/Cecil M. Webb Shooting Range will have new operating hours.
Although the new schedule is not significantly different from years past, shooters should take note of the new hours and days of operation listed below:
- During daylight saving time, the range will be open on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- On Mondays and Thursdays, the range will operate from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- During Eastern Standard Time, the range will be open on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- On Mondays and Thursdays the range will operate from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed days are New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday after Thanksgiving until noon and Christmas.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) made the changes because of concerns about having sufficient numbers of range safety officers on duty at peak-use times.
As part of its process, the FWC solicited comments on these adjustments from the Babcock-Webb Shooting Range Working Group and the general public, who were supportive of the changes.
The Babcock-Webb shooting facility is the most popular of the FWC's seven public ranges, hosting more than 60,000 shooters in 2011.