Kindergarten Round-Up kicks off | Families
Polk County, Florida -- Kindergarten Round-Up for Polk County Public Schools began yesterday, April 26 and many schools have designated special days, times or evening hours during Round-Up to enroll kindergarteners.
Please contact individual schools for their Kindergarten Round-Up schedules. Schools can also tell you about required proof of age, medical and residency documentation needed for enrollment. Students entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2012.
Call the school district’s Office of Pupil Accounting at 863.534.0716 or visit http://www.polk-fl.net/schools/schoolsinyourarea.htm to learn which school a child is zoned to attend for kindergarten.
To enroll a new kindergarten student, parents and guardians must present the following:
- legal proof of age (i.e. a birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport)
- current physical exam dated within the last 12 months
- certificate of immunization (Florida Department of Health form 680) showing all shots including second MMR, polio, DPT/DTaP, Hepatitis B series and second varicella or signed proof of chicken pox
Proofs of residency from two different categories are also required:
- Category 1-mortgage document, property tax record, home or apartment lease agreement
- Category 2- a current utility bill (electric, gas, phone, water, cable)
- Category 3- current voter registration document
- Category 4- proof of government benefits (Medicare, disability, food stamps, HRS correspondence)
Driver’s license and vehicle registration papers are not accepted as proofs of residency.