Great American Teach-In tomorrow | Events
Polk County, Florida -- Community members will visit Polk County Public Schools on Wednesday, November 14 to share their professional experiences and interests with students as part of the Great American Teach-In.
The annual event is held nationwide each year to celebrate American Education Week. It is an opportunity to educate students about the world of work and introduce them to career options, hobbies they may not have discovered and activities never experienced. Students are exposed to topics and professions such as law enforcement, engineering, reporting, banking, child safety and more.
Some of the schools and scheduled speakers participating in this year’s Great American Teach-In include:
- Dennis Havlin of Ford Motor. He will be using WebEx to speak to the students about his role as Technical Specialist, Advance Materials and Environmental Vehicle Operations, Paint Engineering.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent Mr. Kerry Myers will speak to students about his experience in the Bureau.
- Mike Link, Assistant Chief of Police at the Lakeland Police Department will share what it means to be in law enforcement.
Sleepy Hill Middle:
- Cadets from Summerlin Academy’s Drill Team will perform for students at Sleepy Hill Middle.
- Airline pilots will speak to classes at Caldwell Elementary. Pepperidge Farm associates will also speak to students.
- Representatives from H&R Block will speak to students at Kathleen High