Mind, Body, Wealth: Empowerment for the Entire Family | Events
Lakeland, Florida-- The Polk County chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc. presents "Mind, Body, Wealth: Empowerment for the Entire Family" on Friday May 11, and Saturday May 12 and Polk State College.
The event offers seminars for women, men, and children over the course of the two days.
Friday evening seminars:
- 6:00-9:00, Dr. Misilene Fulse, Central Florida Health Care, and Dr. Corlis Johnson, Natures' Delight, will discuss "Keeping It Real" with women.
- 6:00-9:00, Rashad Jones, Epic Youth Serv. and Teresa White, "Condom Miranda", Rachel Craig and Shandra Blocker will discuss "Keeping It 100" with youths.
- 6:00-9:00, Dr. Tyrone Bledsoe, African American Brotherhood, and Dr. Ken Bastien, Kenor International, will discuss "Keeping It Real" with men and young men.
On Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., "Family Empowerment" seminars will take place.
- Dr. Tyrone Bledsoe presents "I Am My Brother's Keeper and Together We Will Rise".
- Rashad Jones presents "Bring Out the Beast In You!"
- Dr. Keny Bastien presents "Promoting Health Thru Education".
All members of the public are welcome and admission is free.