Leon Davis Jr. faces another murder trial | Crime
Bartow, Florida -- A Polk County man already on death row for burning two women to death during a robbery at a Lake Wales insurance office goes on trial for another pair of murders.
34-year-old Leon Davis is charged with shooting and killing two clerks outside a BP convenience store.
Davis has already been convicted and sentenced to death for robbing, binding and burning Yvonne Bustamonte and Juanita Luciano at an insurance office in Lake Wales.
He was found guilty of their murders last year.
Luciano, who was pregnant at the time, delivered the baby by Cesarian section, but the child also died.
The attack on the clerks happened six days after the attack at the insurance office. The clerks were changing the marquee sign in front of the convenience store when they were robbed.
An autopsy shows both clerks were shot execution style.
- Women set on fire, suspect to appear in court
- Witness "100 percent" sure Leon Davis shot him
- Lake Wales burn victim: "Please pray for me"
- Mistrial declared in Leon Davis Jr. murder trial
- Third trial for Leon Davis begins
- Leon Davis takes the witness stand
- Leon Davis Jr. guilty on all counts
- Jury recommends death for Leon Davis, Jr.