Wing Fling Tour to benefit Humane Society of Polk Co. | Community Spirit
Winter Haven, FL -- Today & Tonight Magazine will host the First Annual Wing Fling Tour 2011 Saturday, Sept. 24.
The Wing Fling Tour will fly around Polk County in luxury coach buses so that participants can sample some of the best chicken wings in town in a charity event to benefit The Humane Society of Polk County.
Eight locations have pulled together to help raise money for the Humane Society of Polk County through food & fun. The tour is $35 per person with registration 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. at the Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce on their breezeway, 401 Avenue B, NW, Winter Haven and the tour runs from 10:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. All seats must be reserved in advance at www.DontBeChicken.net.
After the bus tours have completed their way around the county, an After Party hosted by Tanner's Pub in downtown Winter Haven will take place on their outside patio from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. with live music from AcousticDose, raffle give-a-ways and more.
The Wing Fling Tour has also partnered with Sara Michaels from 97 Country and host of "The Porch" Monday - Friday from 3 - 7 p.m. The Sara Michaels Experience will let Sara's fans enjoy a "Traveling Porch Party" on the luxury bus with her all day long.
Sara Michaels is a long time friend of the Humane Society of Polk County and a huge animal lover. In addition to her show on 97 Country (97.5 FM) and running promotions for Hall Communications, she also writes a column for Today & Tonight Magazine keeping everyone in touch with their country roots with all the Movers & Shakers in the country music industry as well as new up and coming talent.
- Hot Shots Bar & Grill (Melissa Seymour, owner)
- Beef 'O' Brady's of Auburndale (Duncan Owens, owner)
- Natalie's Sports Bar & Grill (Kenny & Natalie Baldwin, owners)
- All Star Grill Haines City (Trina McClain, owner)
- Tapping the Vine featuring BubbaChuck's BBQ (Howard Latham, owner Tapping the Vine & Mike Rossetter, owner for BubbaChuck's BBQ)
- Apple Lounge Bar & Grill (Tim Leopard, owner)
- Miller's Ale House of Lakeland (Sean Ellis, general manager)
- Alligator Alley Country Bar & Grill (Jim Staples, owner)
- Tanner's Pub/After Party (Adrian Troth or Andrew Fern, co-owners)
The event is being presented by Small World Tours & Bright House Networks.